As a stakeholder in the global credit management profession, GCCMP and CMP designation holders adopt a responsibility to advance the profession of Credit Management, including all credit sectors and industries, extending to all public, legal, and natural persons.
CMP designation holders agree to:
- Maintain highest standards of business conduct by using only legal and ethical means.
- Actively promote and encourage the highest level of integrity within the credit industry.
- Cooperate with other Associations in order to promote the advancement of the credit profession.
- Demonstrate fair practice and respect to all stakeholders in all business or professional relationships.
- Adhere to honesty and integrity in all representations to the public concerning the credit profession.
- Observe all applicable legislation pertaining to the processing and handling of accounts receivable.
CMP designation holders subscribe to the following set of values:
The fundamental of best practice in credit management is the maintenance of the highest standards of professional conduct and competence, reinforced by demonstrations of honesty and integrity.
By fostering the highest standards of professional conduct and competence among CMP designation holders, the CMP designation will represent credit professionals that conduct themselves at all times in a manner consistent with the good reputation of the profession and aggressively pursue personal excellence in development. And, in the pursuit of those objectives, CMP designation holders will refrain from any conduct that might bring discredit upon themselves, the profession and GCCMP.
* Download the GCCMP CODE of ETHICS