GCCMP - Offering
- To certificate on the practical experience of a Credit Management Practitioner in “Best Practice Credit Management”
- To provide an eLearning reference workbook in the Practice of Credit Management
- To inform Credit Management Practitioners of events in the Credit Management Industry
- To put Credit Management Practitioners in contact with Associations and Institutes to further their careers
The CMP Certificate
An individual can apply online for the CMP certificate if the applicant has a minimum of five years work experience in the field of credit, collections or debt management, in any industry or economic sector. The certification process is an on-line process and the applicant must have access to the Internet in order to apply online and to sit for the e-assessment test.
GCCMP - Requirements
- Applicants must exhibit high moral standards and professional character, hence they must submit a “Character Reference” signed by a person that knows them well and can testify to it.
- Applicants must submit “Proof of Identity” in the form of a copy of the applicant’s official passport or national identity card. Expired document will not be accepted.
- Applicants must submit an “Employer Referral” from their current employer, proving evidence that the applicant has a minimum of five years experience in the credit or collections function. GCMP reserves the right to contact the employer for the verification of the referral letter.
- The Application Form and documents must be scanned and e-mailed to GCCMP, ensuring that the documents including the applicant’s photo is clearly legible.
- Applicants must then successfully sit for an online competency assessment test. The online competency assessment test consists of Multiple Questions and the successful applicant must obtain at least 75% to be certified “Competent” and receive the CMP certificate.
The following was received from: Jennifer Lambden FACP, MABM,MIoEE
“I like the offering & believe that you close the gap that's so evident in Credit Management internationally. You also close the gap by providing a safe, nurturing & knowledge building platform for all to utilise. We are the unsung heroes in the business world, Credit Management is the back bone of a company & keeps the wheels of industry moving yet we are often the first team sacrificed in cuts when companies believe that to increase sales you just take on more sales personnel & downsize collections so for me the GCMP is a valuable resource. I had a good look around your website, it's easy to follow, it flows & it's clear what your aim is. I will complete my application form thank you. Kind regards. Jen”